It’s pumpkin spice season everyone! Everywhere we turn there are the sights and scents of fall and it’s finally really starting to look and feel like fall here in PA. As most know, fall is my favorite and I’m a pumpkin spice sucker as well. So today I have for you a really nice, simple yet packed with the flavor of fall recipe for Pumpkin Spice Madelaine’s! Recipe adapted from here.
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 3 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- confectioner’s sugar for dusting
- Using an electric mixer, whisk the eggs and sugar for 10 minutes, till light and fluffy.
- Add spices, baking powder and pumpkin puree and whisk till thoroughly combined.
- Pour in and mix melted butter, then the flour.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag and chill for 30 minutes.
- While the batter is chilling, generously butter and lightly flour the Madelaine pan. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Once the batter is ready, pipe into Madelaine pan. THEN CHILL IN THE FREEZER FOR TEN MINUTES! (This step gives that nice lump they are known for!)
- Bake for 15 minutes till the cakes are golden brown. Cool at least 5 minutes before dusting with confectioner’s sugar.
- EAT AND ENJOY! These are awesome with a cup of coffee…!