Can time PLEASE slow down? Look at this girl! Remember when she was born?
It’s been a while since I did a legit Laina update, so here we go! We have a full blown toddler on our hands whose personality is bursting every day. Her smile and laughter are infectious. Her sense of adventure is overflowing and I admire her fearlessness. She’s got a force and presence that is astounding and truly authentic. Laina is learning new words every day and is fine tuning those motor skills this summer!
A FEW, COOL NEW WORDS:
- Agua (pronounce: Ag-A!)
- Good Girl (speaking about Belle the beagle)
- Oh noooo!
FAVORITE THINGS TO DO RIGHT NOW:
- Play in a pool
- Any kind of water play
- Go for walks in her stroller
- Climb anything and everything
- Hug her “babies”
- Play with friends
OTHER FUN FACTS/LIKES/DISLIKES:
- She is obsessed with her big brother, Finn. She stares at him in awe.
- Equally obsessed with snack traps filled with goldfish or cheerios.
- Laina went to Hawaii earlier this summer and we all learned she loves the ocean!
- But hates sitting in a high chair.
- She gives great kisses! And when she hugs you she says “ahhhhhh”.
- Will not even try ice cream or cake! I mean…WHAT IS THAT?!
- Brushing her teeth is one of our biggest fights. Every. Single. Day.
So there you have it. Our little 18 month old in a nutshell. I’ve never loved so fiercely in my life. I know these are some of the best days we will have. I savor every moment. Even those when she’s on the floor crying because I wiped her hands clean. I hug her and tell her I love her.